Tuesday 8 October 2013

KNOWING WHO YOU REALLY ARE

KNOWING WHO YOU REALLY ARE
BY DR. MERVYN ABREO

          It is absolutely imperative that we know three basic facts about ourselves: who am I, where did I come from and where am I going!
                                                                  


          Jesus knew these three basic truths about Himself, and therefore He was able to function in any capacity; even as a humble servant doing His Father’s will, going even to the extent of washing the feet of His disciples.

                                                                  



          But before performing this lowly act, Jesus asserts Himself, thereby revealing His true identity:
          ‘Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under His power, and that He had come from God and was returning to God.’ (Jh. 13:3).

                                                                 

                                                                    
                                               
          But it is only when this verse is paraphrased into modern Biblical language, that it’s truly appreciated.
          ‘Jesus knew that He was The Omnipotent God with absolute power, and that, although He had entered this world as a humble human being, He had never ceased being God,  and that He was returning to where He had come from, where He would be acknowledged in all His glory, honor and power.’

(For more such Scriptures read: Scientifically modernizing Biblical language).



                                                      





WHO AM I?
(Here I have used ‘I’ instead of ‘we’ to make it more personal.)
          I am a human being who has, out of my own free will and consent, accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and therefore I have free access to my heavenly Father.
           I am a child of God and can call the mighty Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient God as my Father.
          I am the temple of the Holy Spirit.
          I am a saint, who sins occasionally, and one who is continuously cleansed by the precious blood of Lord Jesus Christ.
          I have been blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For He chose me in Him before the creation of the world to be hole and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined me to be adopted as His son through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will-- to the praise of His glorious grace which He has freely given me in the One He loves. In Him I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that He lavished on me with all wisdom and understanding.
(Ephesians 1: 3 – 8).
And David who affirms about himself:

                                                              



          “I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:14).

 WHERE DID I COME FROM?
          We are ‘born again’ and therefore we come from God, Who is our Father.
          When we were born in the natural, our chromosomes came from our earthly parents, and therefore we carried all the characteristics of our parents.
          But now, since we are born of God, we automatically bear His genes. This can easily be seen in God’s children, who are so pure and holy, so different from those whose earthly parents are junkies, rapists etc.
WHERE AM I GOING?
          In the spiritual we are already in heaven! Our names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, and therefore we are citizens of heaven.
                                                             



          And weather we undergo a physical death or are taken up in rapture, we will be spending eternity with our heavenly Father!
          Therefore it is essential that we live more in the spiritual than in the natural and keep continuously reminding ourselves of this fact:
I AM A SPIRIT BEING, WHO HAS A SOUL AND LIVES IN A BODY!
……………………………………………………..
Dear friend,
          I look forward to getting your feedback. Do write in to me at:
                                        drmervynabreo@gmail.com
…………………………………………………………………..








No comments:

Post a Comment