Friday 14 November 2014

GOODNESS--A FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

GOODNESS
 A FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
BY DR. MERVYN ABREO

           One night I suddenly woke up from deep sleep. I checked the time. It was three in the morning. I knew that the Lord was present and that He wanted to convey a message to me. He showed me two objects.


                             





          
    One was like a dried up old coconut. And the other was a living, palpating human heart. It was the heart of a young eighteen year old female patient, during whose heart operation I had assisted, as I was studying for my post graduation degree in medicine.
                   During the operation the chest cavity had been opened, and the closed pumping heart had been operated upon. After the operation, before the chest cavity was closed, the senior doctor stood back to admire his work. The heart was pumping in the middle of the chest and I couldn't resist the temptation. I reached forward and scooped the living heart in both my cupped hands and watched it as it pumped away.
                   A few days later, during our rounds in the hospital, the senior surgeon told the pretty young patient, “many a guy will try to win your heart. But this young doctor actually held your pumping heart in his hands.”                                        


                   And this is what the lord told me, “This is the living throbbing heart I have given all of you! And you’ll have harden it and turned it into an old dried-up coconut. Even if you’ll are hurt by others, do not build walls around your selves, but reach out and “Love one another.”


           As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
                                                                                 (John 13:34, 35).
………………………………..
Dear friend,
          I look forward to getting your feedback. Do write in to me at:
                                        drmervynabreo@gmail.com
…………………………………………………



No comments:

Post a Comment